Affiliated To HNB Garhwal University (A Central University), UGC Recognised
- Program: M.Sc Physics
- Eligibility: Graduation with Physics with 45 %
- Number of seats: 25
- Duration: 2 Years
Physics offer challenging, exciting, and productive career. As a career physics cover many specialized fields from acoustics, astronomy and astrophysics to medical physics and vacuum sciences. It offers a variety of work activities- lab supervisor, researcher, technician, teacher, manager. Physics opens door to employment opportunities throughout the world in government, industry, schools, private organizations and astrophysics, Geophysics, Medical Physics, Nuclear Physics, Metrology, and Astronomy etc.
The three major employers of career physicists are academic institution, government laborites, and private industries, with the largest employer being the last. Many trained physicists, however, apply, their skills to other activities, in particular to engineering computing and Finance, often quite successfully. Some physicists take up additional careers where their knowledge of physics can be combined with further training.
A good grasp in physics at graduation level opens up vistas in engineering, technology, architecture, astrophysics, astronomy, biophysics etc. Post graduation with Ph.D ensures a bright career in Physics education and research. It often leads to absorption as scientist in reputed national laboratories and scientific organization. It is fundamental science that is required in almost all other fields of science.
Pay Package is as follow
- Research Associate: Emoluments: Rs 16000/- plus HRA
- Project Assistant Level-II: Emoluments (Fixed) - Rs 12000
- Scientist: Pay Scale: - Rs 15600-39100 with GP Rs6600.
- Scientist Officer (SO) - Radiological Physics Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100 + GP Rs 6600/-
- Technical Officer (TO)-Radiological Physics, Pay Scale- Rs. 15600-39100
- Job Profile
- In industry physicists conduct research for improved methods and technologies.
- In communication physicists work in sector such as television, telephone and radio.
- In petroleum industry they are engaged in lab work for finding improved method of processing crude oil.
- In aerospace physicists work or technological innovation.
- Physics work with Mathematics and statistical scientist and engineers.
- Geophysicists combine geology and physics in the study of meteorology, hydrology, oceanography, seismology, radioactivity, magnetism etc.
- Biophysicists study living organisms and life processes.
- Medical physicists play a vital role in the designing and use of electronic equipment for the health sector.
- Astrophysicists designed equipment for astronomical study and interrupt research findings.
- Physicists work in experimental physics.