Food & Technology (B.Sc)
Affiliated To Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University (UGC Recognised) Govt. Of Uttarakhand
- Program: B.Sc. Food & Technology
B.Sc. Food & Technology is an undergraduate course. Food Technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution and use o safe, nutritious, and wholesome food. It is the study of applying food science to selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution and use of nutritious and safe food. Subjects typically studied under this course are packaging technology, Food microbiology, food chemistry and dairy technology.
Food technologists study the physical, microbiological, and chemical makeup of food depending on their area of specialization, food technologists may develop ways to process, preserve, package or store food, according to industry and government specifications and regulations. This course is career oriented and opens many gateways of job after its completion.
- To improve food especially Indian traditional foods, in terms of nutrition, safety & employing fundamental and applied sciences.
- To produce trained personnel of highest standards for the benefit of the industry & society, in the field of food engineering, technology and food biotechnology.
- To create an ambience of motivation that could stimulate growth & excellence.
- To generate excellent trained undergraduates in food technology.
Food processing & preservation technology, food chemistry, food engineering, food packaging, Basic Nutrition, Fruit, Vegetable & plantation technology, food microbiology, Spice technology, milk & milk products technology, food Analysis, food laws & principles.
Career Scope after B.Sc./ M.Sc. in food technology
As we live in a world of packaged foods & fast foods that has taken the first seat in the priority list of consumers the demand of food is increasing day to day life.
- Food technology has a wide scope in different government and private sector dealing with food products.
- In public sector major job providers are FCI, AGMARK, FSSAI etc.
- Major job providers in providers in private sector include Amul, Cadbury, Britannia, Nestle, Metrodiary etc.
- There are many lucrative positions open to food technologists like Quality Assurance manager, Laboratory supervisor, production manager and food packaging manager.