Affiliated To Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand University (UGC Recognised) Govt. Of Uttarakhand
- Program: B.Sc Forestry
About the department: B.Sc. (forestry) is an undergraduate Forestry and Wildlife course. Forestry is the art and science of managing forests, trees, plantations and related natural resources. The main emphasis in forestry is given on creating and implementing systems that allow forests to continue a sustainable continuation of environmental supplies and services.
The course is divided into 8 semesters. The primary emphasis of this Forestry programme is to impart theoretical as well as practical knowledge in all areas of forestry stream. After passing the B.Sc. Forestry course students can go further Master course and research work.
- The main objective of forestry education is to explore the practical as well as theory knowledge of the forestry.
- Increase the skill for forestry students towards the management and conservation of forests in a sustainable way; which is the primary requirement of the country at present time.
- Application of modern technologies of forest inventory for the conservation of biodiversity which includes forestry and wildlife as an integral part.
- Syllabus: The syllabus covers all aspects of forestry subjects as – Forest Management, Forest Menstruation, Forest surveying, Forest Ecology and biodiversity Conservation, Forest soils, Forest Economics, Forest Business management, Forest Pathology, Forest Policy and Legislation, Silviculture, Agroforestry, Soil survey, Remote sensing and Wasteland Development, Wood Products and Utilization, Wood Science and Technology, Logging and Ergonomics, Non-Timber Forest Products.
Career & Scope
There are ample opportunities in forestry sector in Government and private sectors.
- Eligible for NET after completing M.Sc.
- Career in research filed of forestry, PhD in Forestry, academic professionals as an assistant professor/lecturer and scientific filed after completing the M.Sc. Forestry.
- Career opportunities in Government sector of Indian Forest Services (IFS), Public Commission Services (PCS) and Staff Selection (SSC) after completing the B.Sc. Forestry. Some of the Government Departments are State Medicinal Plant Board, Central Medicinal Plant Board,
- Beside the Government sector, at present time there is increasing demand for forestry graduates and post graduates in private sector also. Different Pulp and Paper Industry of our country also demands the forestry Graduates.
- Various private organization demands for subject specialist. Non Government Organization of state and national level also recruit the forestry B.Sc. and M.Sc. Graduates for conducting their different forestry and environmental projects/programs in hilly areas.
- Consultancy services of different Government and private sector requires consultant from field of forestry to monitoring and implementation of their multi tasking projects of Hydro Electric sector, Drinking Water Supply Sector, Watershed development Projects at State and Central Level.
- In banking sector also there is requirements of forestry graduates.
- A candidate can explore his private work filed as nursery establishment of non timber forest products, medicinal plants etc.