AICTE Approved, Ministry Of HRD, Government of India, Affiliated To Uttarakhand Technical University / SDS Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand
- Program: B.Tech
- Eligibility: 10+2 with PCM
- Number of seats: 60
- Duration: 4 year full time
Civil Engineering offers a broad-based graduate Degree programme which is designed to underpin most aspects of civil engineering. The objective of the course is to equip students with the intellectual, practical and creative skills necessary to apply core technical knowledge across a range of applications and problems to see them through their professional careers. The educational objectives for Civil Engineering program is designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of civil engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- To provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science and engineering to recognize and solve problems in the areas of structural design, geotechnical and environmental engineering.
- To provide students with the necessary skills and practical experience to fulfill their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership. business acumen and lifelong learning.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally ln various positions in industry or government and succeed in graduate or other professional schools.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers and innovators and make substantial contributions to the society of civil engineers.
- To prepare the students to be successful engineers or managers meeting the global industrial requirements.
- To make the students put constant efforts to improve the living quality of all walks of life by solving wide range of problems.
Building Materials and Building Construction, Surveying, Water Supply Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Design of RCC and Steel Structures, Environmental Engineering, Foundation Engineering, Earthquake Engineering etc.
Civil Engineers have umpteen career opportunities to choose from. They can work in Private sector, Public sector as well as in Government organizations. To name a few:
- Private sector Larsen & Toubro- Engineering and Construction Division, Jaypee Group, Punj Lloyd, Essar group, Hindustan Construction Company, Gammon India Ltd., GMR group etc.
- Public Sector Engineers India Ltd., Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd., Gas Authority of India, Ltd., National Thermal Power Corporation, National Hydropower Corporation etc.
- Government Sector State and Central Public Works Departments, Military Engineering Services, Border Road Organization etc.
- Other Choices There are also choices to opt for a field job (construction activity), office job (Planning, Designing and Construction management), and other specializations
- Other Specializations Depending upon his/her interest a Civil Engineer can pursue specialization to become a Structural Design Engineer, Construction Management Engineer, Highway Engineer, Foundation Engineer, Environment Engineer etc.
- Self employment Civil Engineering is the only branch where there are varied opportunities for self employment, such as owning a design consultancy, real estate developer, builder, quantity surveyor and registered valuer, etc.