Computer Science & Engineering
AICTE Approved, Ministry Of HRD, Government of India, Affiliated To Uttarakhand Technical University / SDS Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand
- Program: B.Tech
- Eligibility: 10+2 with PCM
- Number of seats: 60
- Duration: 4 year full time (Three years for lateral entry students)
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering at the MITM has been at the forefront of churning out software engineers with a high caliber of technical expertise. It continues to foster and engender the innovation and breadth of vision necessary to excel in the blooming software industry.
An engineering degree in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) equips you with strong practical and theoretical knowledge of computer software and hardware. The fundamental objective of our Computer Science program is to provide the opportunity for our students to develop a firm foundation in Mathematics, Science and design methodology of computing systems.
The experienced faculty exposes there would be computer engineers to a rigorous and exhaustive curriculum designed to bring out the best in them and to keep them in touch with the latest state of the art technology.
The department is consistently and constantly being upgraded with latest versions of computers, Display projectors, licensed Software packages. Faculty members also keep abreast with the state of art in technologies by attending seminars/workshops etc.
Student Outcomes for our Computer Science Programs
- An ability to design a software or digital hardware system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Knowledge of probability and statistics, including applications to Computer Science and Engineering.
- Knowledge of Mathematics through differential and integral calculus, basic science, Computer Science, and engineering sciences, necessary to analyze and design complex systems containing hardware and software components, as appropriate to Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of advanced Mathematics, including linear algebra, numerical computing methods for Engineering, and discrete Mathematics.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of theoretical foundations.
- Knowledge of problem analysis and solution design.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Knowledge of concepts of programming languages.
- Knowledge of computer organisation and architecture.
- An ability to apply Mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Computer Science theory in modelling and design of Computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
Career & Scope
- As Developers and Specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies.
- As Development Engineers, Technical Leaders and Managers.
- As Consultants, Solution Developers and Entrepreneurs.
- As Computing Specialists in Research Labs and Technology Providers
- As System/ Network Performance Analysts and Simulation / Evaluation Specials in IT companies.
- Career prospects in diverse areas like information security, sales user support, software development and programming, system and network administration, research and development, project management, database management, data protection, consulting, market research, software and hardware management, marketing, controlling and information research etc.
- All graduating engineers of CSE Department find excellent placements in research-oriented industries and top ranking global companies.CSE alumni are at the forefront in computer science and related fields. The department's alumni also include academicians and entrepreneurs.