AICTE Approved, Ministry Of HRD, Government of India, Affiliated To Uttarakhand Technical University / SDS Uttarakhand University, Uttarakhand
- Program: B.Tech
- Eligibility: 10+2 with PCM
- Number of seats: 60
- Duration: 4 year full time
Mechanical Engineering is the science of exploring the natural resources of power and propulsion and materials of engineering construction through design, development, production, installation and operation of power plants, transport equipments and industrial plants.
The department has a separate Drawing Hall for engineering graphics classes where the students can gather practical experience and fine tune their engineering drawing skills. The department has a separate workshop with seven different shops. The Aim of the education is to produce Mechanical Engineers, who combine academic excellence with practical expertise. To achieve this aim, well equipped laboratories, central and departmental libraries support students, throughout their course of study.
The academic courses cover fundamental and vital areas of importance in Mechanical relevant to both Industry and Research. Final year students carry out research and industry-oriented projects in the 8th Semester. To give junior students a flavor such activity, they are also encouraged to seek out and pursue projects with reputable Research and Industrial Organizations.
- The objective of the undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Program at our college is to make Mechanical Engineering an accredited program which will serve the state & region by proving quality education that helps the students to achieve excellence in their field of study & make them quality technocrats & enabling to lead a successful career in industry or government.
- Graduate will enter & successfully engage in careers in Mechanical Engineering & other professions appropriate to their background, interests & skills.
- Graduate will engage in continued learning through post-baccalaureate education & or professional development in engineering or other professional fields.
- Graduate will acquire leadership, entrepreneurship qualities & demonstrate knowledge of professional, ethical practices & team work.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use latest CAD/CAM/CAE software & sophisticated equipments for analyzing & solving mechanical engineering problems.
Refrigeration and Air conditioning , Fluid Machinery, Automobile, Theory of Machines, Manufacturing Science, Machine Design, Heat and Mass Transfer, Machine Design and Power Plant.
Candidate will need to join the firms at the executive level. These candidates are preferred for positions like engineers and managers. They can also opt for scientific posts in the leading research and scientific institutes and organizations. With experience they will be able to grow to higher heights. It is important that the candidates pursue a career in an area where they believe their interest lies.
Jobs in Government Sector
Mechanical Engineering graduates can find many job opportunities in government sector. For this they have to take part in the various tests carried out by UPSC, public sector banks, PSC, SSC. There are opportunities even in defense sectors also. The candidates who have cleared these tests will be called for a final interview and the talented people will be filtered out from a large number. Government jobs are - Bank jobs, Railway jobs, ONGC, OIL, IOCL, BSNL, BHEL, BEL, SAIL,ISRO & in State Government- PWD, Irrigation Department & UPCL